Coronavirus Concerns/Prevention Measures at Supremacy Jiu Jitsu
Dear Supremacy Families,
Your safety is our top priority and so is providing you with information and updates. In response to growing concerns about Coronavirus/COVID-19, we’d like to share with you the following important information.
As a Martial Arts school, we are committed to the health and welfare of our students, families, and staff. We are doing all that we can when it relates to the prevention of any communicable disease. We are wiping down all possible items that will be used on a daily basis to help prevent COVID-19 transmitting physically. Also, if you or your child are sick, please stay home to prevent the spread of COVID-19, or any flu like disease. We want to protect our students and their families from being affected as well.
At this time, we are open for regular business as of 3/16/2020. As the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) spreads, and the media coverage continues to escalate, many people are anxious about what is happening. As your trusted Martial Arts facility, we want to first assure you that we have processes in place to make sure that business continues as usual for your family. We will not be closing until the CDC or Government asks us to. The Cold and Flu season is still haunting many members of our surrounding communities. Amid rising concerns about the Flu, and the potential threat for other viruses, we want to share with you measures we are taking to keep our gym environment clean and safe for our athletes.
Here are some items to look over to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus:
- Seek health information from trusted resources: The U.S. Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), The World Health Organization and your state health department website.
- Take good care of yourself: We encourage you and your child to use good hand washing practices. The simple act of washing with soap and warm water could drastically reduce the transmission of cold, flu, and other viruses. Lather up and sing Happy Birthday twice before you rinse! Wash your hands often. Use hand sanitizer if soap and water is not available. On top of that, get plenty of rest, exercise, and eat well.
- We are a “well facility.” This means if you or your child is not feeling well for any reason, you must not come in our facility. Under no circumstances will parents be allowed to bring a sick child to Supremacy BJJ. If a child comes to class displaying symptoms of an upper respiratory illness (cough, fever, and runny nose) we will happily schedule a make-up class for that child and send them home to rest and recover. Children should be symptom free and fever free (without the use of medication) for at least 48 hours before they return to our gym. Your cooperation is extremely important to ensure that we can provide all of our children, families, and staff with a happy and healthy environment.
- We will follow all CDC guidelines: Above and beyond that – we will continue to be diligent, as we always have been, with the cleaning and sanitation of our gym. Steps taken by Supremacy BJJ to ensure a clean and safe environment: Our gym is cleaned before and after every class, daily. We will continue to clean all soft and hard surfaces inside the gym and in the common areas. We have fully stocked bathrooms with antibacterial soap and plenty of paper towels and toilet paper. We have hand sanitizer located at the front desk as well as inside the gym in various locations for use during classes.
- We want to limit spectators: Please drop off if you can; however, we understand that with preschool age children this is not an option. If you are ill, or someone in your family is ill, please do not stay in our lobby. You may drop off and pick up your child.
- We adore you and your children and will do everything in our power to keep you and your family safe, happy, and healthy while training at Supremacy BJJ: We’re limiting hugs for now! Right now we’ll do our best to give fist bumps and elbow taps rather than hugs or high fives!! Encourage your children to do this with their friends at school as well!
We realize the situation is shifting rapidly, and we want you to know that our team has been working on, planning for and assessing potential scenarios so we are prepared and can immediately communicate information to you.
Thank you in advance for helping us keep a safe and healthy environment for all of our students. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. We appreciate your continued support and business!