Important Tips to Stay Clean on the Mat
An unfortunate reality of grappling is the possibility of a bacteria build up that can lead to skin problems. At Supremacy Jiu Jitsu we take every precaution possible by cleaning the mats daily. Some of the responsibility to keep the mats clean is on all of us that train as well. Here are some tips on how to make sure you keep yourself clear and free of harmful bacteria.
- Always shower within an hour of training – the longer you go without showering, the higher at risk you are.
- If you can’t shower, wash your hands and face because those are the most exposed areas when you are training.
- Wash your Gi after every class – This will cut down on bacteria forming on your Gi and tremendously help your Gi stay fresh and keep it from building up an unpleasant odor.
- If you have a cut or scrape, keep it clean and wrapped up.
- Always use your own soap and towel – Sharing these with others can cause a buildup of bacteria
- If you leave the gym barefoot, be sure to wipe your feet with a disinfectant wipe before walking back onto the mat.